Sunday 17 August 2014

Bright, Feminine Bedroom Design


Today I thought I would share the final design for one of the bedrooms I designed for my last module! I posted a while back about the lovely bright accessories I used for this project, but now it's time to show you what I did with them...

What do you think? The module was on home staging and show home design, and this bedroom is designed for a young female in her late teens to early twenties. The design is bright, uplifting and colourful without being overpowering. The 'Saplings' wallpaper from missprint.co.uk is my favourite thing about the room, I'm so in love with it- and it's eco friendly too so that's a bonus :) I think I will use it in my bedroom at home when I redecorate.

I used Letraset markers to render the perspective drawing of the final design, and it turned out quite nicely, I think I am getting the hang of them a bit more now!!


Below are the links for the main accessories shown on the items board, incase anyone is interested in seeing where they are from!


6 comments

  1. Awesome post! I've never seen this style of post before and I really like it :D So clever how you have put it together as artwork :D love it!

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment! I'm studying interior design, so I tend to do a lot of these kind of drawings- I'm really glad you like it, as I had so much fun doing it :)
      Emily xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I think it's a really modern design and your artwork is brilliant!

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! Thats so sweet of you to say :)
      Emily xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this! I really like how bright everything is! Great post!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I'm glad you like it, Summer always makes me want to use bright colours :)

      Emily xxx

      Delete

© emily mayMaira Gall