Saturday 6 September 2014

Creative Blog Hop!!

Ooh, well this is exciting, I have been nominated in an around the world creative blog hop by the lovely Kate from the blog and website Made By Mrs M! Kate is a textile designer from England who creates the most amazing original designs inspired by architecture, have a look at her gorgeous etsy shop here!

The task is to answer four questions, and then nominate up to 3 other creatives to take part in the blog hop, so here we go...

1. What am I working on?

I am currently working on a design for a nursery for my friend Silvia, who is expecting a little boy! The nursery will be gender neutral as Silvia doesn't like the stereotypical 'Blue for a boy' style. The look we are going for is modern, but also quite natural, with lots of raw/natural materials used such as sheepskin, cotton and wood.

2. How does my work differ from others of it's genre?

Well each designer has their own unique style, but I just love working with (and experimenting with) colour! I think I take quite an artistic approach to my designs, I'm quite crafty and I love creating bespoke artwork to compliment my designs.


3. Why do I write/create what I do?

Purely because I enjoy it! I love creating spaces that are unique and full of life because I think it's really important to be inspired by your surroundings, particularly if you live in a city. I have seen far too many lifeless, unloved rooms, and I want to do something about it!

4. How does my writing/illustration/creative process work?

With interiors, I am always inspired by the person I am designing the room for. I take inspiration from their personality, values and dreams, and usually start by creating a mood-board of images that will give an idea of the feeling I want to capture for their space. If the client is happy with the mood-board I will then start to select furniture, artwork and accessories, as well as floor, wall and window treatments. Next I will put these images together on an 'Items Board' to show to the client, along with any drawings or sketches of the layout, and check that they are happy with everything, and then it's time for the installation! Seeing it all come together is my favourite part, I love adding the final touches and making sure it's all perfect before revealing the finished room!


So as this is a blog hop... I will now nominate Ashlee Park from My So Called Crafty Life
I would also like to invite anyone else who wants to participate! If you join leave your links in the comments and I will add them to the blog :)

Lots of love,

Emily xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily mayMaira Gall