Monday 22 December 2014

My 5 Favourite Blogs of 2014


I love reading other blogs. I look to blogs for inspiration in all areas of life, but particularly Interiors, DIY and Design. These days I prefer my favourite blogs to a lot of the print magazines (although I do still buy print magazines too) because I feel like they are so much more personal- and they are free (yay) 
So.. here are a few of favourites, what do you think?
1. The Everygirl is my absolute favourite blog- it's is pretty much my go-to source for life and career tips. I just LOVE reading the career profiles of other women my age- the articles fill me with confidence, and inspire me to do whatever it takes to make my dreams happen! All the articles featured are brilliant women of all ages, and they show you that you can be anything you want to be with a bit of hard work and the right attitude.

2. Fashionable Hostess This is my favourite blog for home style, whether its throwing the perfect brunch, decorating your house for Christmas or styling a birthday party, this blog is always full of beautiful ideas!




3. Gh0stparties This lifestyle blog is full of inspiration for the home, but it also has loads of great tips for travel, beauty and style too! The author, Kate is also the founder of online fashion and beauty magazine Nouvelle Daily  which also has the most fantastic 'Home' section, full of awesome DIY's- another of my favourites!


4. A Little Opulent This is an online lifestyle magazine with great sections on Home & Living, and Art & Design. I love getting lost in their Archives looking for inspiration.


5. Elements of Style Interior Designer and Stylist, Erin Gates is the author of this awesome blog. Her writing style is funny and honest, and I just can't stop reading it! This year she has done a wonderful series of 'gift guides'. My favourite was this one for kids and pets- I love it all!!

Obviously I read lots more blogs than just these 5 (my Bloglovin list is in the high hundreds), but these are my personal favourites from this year. What are your favourite blogs? Let me know in the comments below- I love finding new blogs to read!

Emily xxxx

1 comment

© emily mayMaira Gall