Thursday 12 March 2015

The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea 2015

You guys... Last night was amazing! As most of you know, I am a bit of an art lover, so I was thrilled to be invited to the charity preview of the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea last night!
I can honestly say that it was the best year yet, so I would highly recommend grabbing yourself a ticket and heading there this weekend, I promise you won't regret it!

Here's a little taster of what's on offer this year- There are so many galleries exhibiting, but these are a few of my favourites. I will be going into more detail about some of the artists in future posts, so if there is anyone you want to know more about just let me know!

Original Neon Sculpture by Gillian Westgate 
Remember this post about neon lights in the home? Well you will be happy to know that there are plenty of neon light art installations at the fair this year! My favourite gallery was Mayor's Parlour- which featured loads of amazing original neon art- it was spectacular, you HAVE to see it!!



Another one of my favourite galleries was Four-Walls which represents artists from my new hometown, Brighton and the South East of England. The Images below are sculptures by Carola Del Mese who creates her masterpieces from items she rescues from junk shops and flea markets, giving the pieces depth and a real sense of history.





BEARSPACE, (A South London gallery) was another stand which we spent a lot of time at. We especially loved the works by Jane Ward (image below), who creates incredible pieces with digital images that are repeatedly broken down and collaged- a definite new favourite artist for me.


Jade checking out the amazing works featured by BEARSPACE Gallery

 BEARSPACE, Janie Kidston, Walking out over the ice in mid summer
BEARSPACE, Janie Kidston, Why do I never hear from you anymore

All in all it was an amazing and inspiring evening, and it was so great to meet all the artists and gallery owners! Is anyone heading there this weekend? 


10 comments

  1. Awesome stuff! Wish I could make it to the fair x


    The Fairytale Pretty Picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! Shame you can't make it to the fair- there will be another one in October though!
      Emily xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow. I love the neon lights. Shame I can't make it this year. Sounds there are great stuff on display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neon lights were incredible! I'm planning a separate post for the rest of the neon lights, so keep your eyes open for that! There's always next year :)
      Emily xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg!! Gorgeous, aren't they!!
      Thanks for reading :)
      Emily xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Ivana! I loved the hangers too, can you imagine having them at home!! I think they were about £3000 though...
    Thanks for reading hun!

    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such awesome art! thanks for sharing :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete

© emily mayMaira Gall