Monday 25 July 2016

Packing Tips: How To Pack Light.

1. Get a good suitcase.
A good suitcase is something that is really worth investing in. I would recommend getting a coloured one (or tying ribbons/tags to your plain one) so that it can be easily spotted. I'm loving my new suitcase from House of Fraser- its SO cute, and it has loads of compartments which is really helpful when packing.

2. Make a list.
Ok, this is important- if you don't make a list you will just end up throwing in everything you can find, and you will end up having packed loads of stuff that you really didn't need.
3. Use an e-reader to save space.
This has been a lifesaver for me, I'm a big reader, so I used to take 3-4 books on holiday with me for poolside reading. Now, I just bring my kindle paperwhite, and I can easily download new books when I finish one.

4. Roll your clothes instead of folding.
This saves space, and also means your clothes are less likely to get creased.

5. Only bring clothes for one week.
If you need to pack light, just bring enough outfits for one week. If you are going to two weeks you will normally be able to have your laundry done in the hotel.

6. Only bring the shoes you really need! One pair of flip flops, one pair of flats, one pair of heels, and one pair of trainers (if you will be doing a lot of walking)

7. Bring miniatures.
This is a great space saver! Ok, so miniatures are WAY more expensive, but for the weight is saves in your luggage, its totally worth it.

8. Don't leave it until the last minute!
Rushed packing is bad packing! Refer to the list and make sure you pack a couple of days before you leave. This also gives you time to add anything you have forgotten.

9. Use your shoes.
Miniatures, and other small things such as socks will fit nicely in your shoes- no space shall go unused!!

10. Use cotton bags.
I love to use little cotton bags to separate my socks/underwear etc. This keeps everything organised, and they can also be used to separate you clean and dirty laundry towards the end of your trip!


No comments

Post a Comment

© emily mayMaira Gall